Monday, 22 April 2013

22, American Diners & Saltburn Seaside



This time last year I was celebrating my 21st birthday in New York. My 22nd is a little more low key (currently still in my pjs and having chocolate for breakfast). To keep with the American theme my lovely boyfriend took me to the OK Diner about half an hour from us.





I wish I took more pictures of the interior, but it was pretty busy (including the two cutest kids dancing to the 50s music.





I had the Mexican chicken burger with guacamole and bacon. Skin on fries and onion rings on the side. Beautiful! I have heard the shakes are really good but I was just so full and decided the main was a bit of a big ‘healthy eating’ cheat.


As we were on the right road we decided to spontaneously keep going and have a day out in Saltburn. I really love Saltburn, it is such a great beach with so much history and reminds me of family seaside holidays.






I such a lovely day and the beautiful weather is really making me excited for spring / summer – fingers crossed!

(sorry for the insta-spam…Samsung, if you’re reading I would really like my camera back.)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely birthday! I LOVE OK Diner. It was always my special treat when my parents dropped me back at Uni after holidays. The shakes are amazing but they are seriously filling! xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had such a nice birthday! I'm such a sucker for American-style diners!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saltburn is amazing on summer weekends, reminds me of when I was little :)
    Hope you had a great birthday!

    Just Smile.
    xo

    ReplyDelete